Chapter 11 Revelation: God's Way of Knowing Key Verses:
...that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe... Ephesians 1:17-19a ESV
What is the difference between "knowing" something spiritually and "knowing about" something spiritually?
Read chapter 11 and answer the following:
1. Has God brought you to the place where in your heart you know that you can’t live the Christian life on your own?
2. In what ways are you still seeking flesh answers to flesh questions (p. 123)? What is the answer to all spirit questions?
3. What are you trying to produce that you are incapable of producing? Or, to put it another way, how are you still trying to live out of your own effort? Are you ready to stop trying and trust God to do it instead?
4. Are you still expecting yourself to succeed at trying to live the Christian life? Does God see you as a failure when you are unable to? What is His perspective on your failures (p. 123)?
5. What is the practical meaning to you of “know-about means we must earn; know means we understand it’s freely given”?
6. What are some things the Spirit of God has revealed to you, things you know, that you can’t be shaken from?
7. What is the good news in the fact that true knowing comes by revelation of the Spirit, not our analysis?
8. Can you be content with where God has you in His process? How might He want you to trust His timing in your life? What does He want you to stop being anxious about?
9. What are some things God is telling you to believe? Review the three things Dan beginning at the bottom of p. 129. What is God saying to you about these three things?